You’re selling your home! Whether this will be your first time selling or your last time, it is imperative that you have a trusted team of industry professionals behind you. The process for selling can move very quickly if you are prepared! The faster you have your team assembled, the more likely you are to be successful in selling the property at the price that you want. Here is the list of every professional you will need from start to finish!
- Mortgage Banker: First things first…if you have a mortgage, you want to inform you bank that you are selling. They will walk you through the process of what they need from you.
- Real Estate Agent: YES, you do need one! The most common mistake we see with owners who don’t use agents is OVERPRICED PROPERTY. We get it…its been your home, you’ve put work and love into it, and you have seen a couple of similar units that have sold for certain prices. As important as this is, if you want to actually sell your property you need to know the market and price it well. Studies show that a well-priced unit is more likely to receive offers within the first 2 weeks versus an overpriced unit, which can sit on the market for as long as a year. As an experienced sales agent representing owners, I will first assess the market conditions, determine a competitive price for your home, bring in a professional photographer to capture each room, then begin to market and bring buyers to see your home. Once we receive some offers, I will determine which is the best based on their financial readiness, probability of being approved by the board (if you live in a coop or condo), then getting your property sold for the best value! Moreover, I work on a team of 5 professionals with over 30 years experience is representing both buyers and owners so you will be in the BEST hands possible!
- Real Estate Attorney: You’ll need to have a trusted attorney selected an ready to move when the offers start rolling in! Choosing the right attorney can be a frustrating process, but as your agent, I will put you in touch with a list of our preferred attorneys whose businesses are based in NYC. This small detail is crucial to the success of your sale as they should be knowledgeable of NYC Real Estate and the intricacies of co-op and condo transactions! Your attorney fee will vary from $1500 to $5000 depending on the transaction and sale amount.
- Title Insurance Agent: Your real estate attorney most likely has a preferred list of title companies that they work with, but if not I can connect you to our network. The duty of the Title Agent is to confirm the ownership of the unit that you are buying and protect you from any liability. This fee will also vary depending on the transaction from $500 to $3500.
- Appraiser: If you are selling your home with an outstanding mortgage then your bank will have its own appraiser so you will not need to find one. The appraisal is important for assessing the estimated value of the property based on what has recently sold. You do not want to sell higher than the appraisal comes in, which is why pricing is so crucial! If you need your own appraiser make sure to use one who is NYC-based and has experience with co-ops and condos.
- Mover: Now that the closing is done and your property is sold…you have to move all your stuff, right? Moving in NYC can be quite expensive and difficult to find a reliable company. I will set you up with some moving options to get you on the road to your new home.